TRAVELLING FIRST TIME HELP PLEASE

Find out the best and cheapest ways to travel around Australia.

TRAVELLING FIRST TIME HELP PLEASE

Postby MikeAllen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi, thanks for reading.

Me and my fiancee are going to sydeny in september on a year working holiday visa, and in need of some help. My orignal plan was to by a campervan in sydney and drive to cairns up the east coast. thing is we really want to be in sydney for new years so was planning on travelling up then back down in 3 months, im glad to tell you this has now changed.

The new plan is to land in sydney and stay at a hostel for 2 weeks (we've already booked one at bondi beach) then get plane tickets from sydney to carins, buy a van in cairns and drive back down along the east coast stopping at all the good places and ending up in sydney for new years. Now my question is are campers cheaper in carins? i have heard this several times on the net.. and is it easy to buy a campervan there as they dont seem to have a gumtree section such as sydney, melborne etc.

Also how much do flights from sydney to cairns america cost.. and is it worth buying the tickets 1-2 months in advanced or can i get cheap tickets 1 week or even on the day?. and does anyone know any good sites to get inernal australian flights?

Thanks

Michael
MikeAllen

Return to Travelling Around Australia