Short time in Australia

Find out the best and cheapest ways to travel around Australia.

Short time in Australia

Postby Sinead » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:19 am

I am travelling to Australia in November with my boyfriend. We will only be spending 5 weeks (6 at the most) before going to New Zealand then Thailand on the way home. I know this is a short time to be spending in Oz so would like to hear from anyone who has also stayed for a limited time with some advice on where to go and what to see in this time. We want to start off at Cairns and work our way down before flying to NZ.

Thanks in advance.
Sinead

Postby BlackEyes » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:40 am

5 weeks is a pretty good amount of time to travel the country. I do remember my first trip to the country. I only 7 days to stay as my primary objective to visit the country is pure professional or just for business purposes. On the 5th day, I had the chance to visit the country and the remaining 2 days were spent relaxing and exploring the Great Barrier Reef. It is a very stunning place and what ever you do, don't forget to visit it as it is a wonderful experience specially if you are with someone special.
BlackEyes

Postby TravelerNicky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:28 am

5 weeks is a great amount of time to do the East Coast. Do the Great Barrier Reef and then head down to Airlie Beach and sail the Whitsundays. Def do Fraser Island, there's a cool company that do cheap tours there http://frasermyway.com. Noosa and Byron Bay are great places to chill for a few days with some cool bars and great beach atmosphere. Make sure you make time for Sydney though as it's a great city with awesome beaches too.
TravelerNicky

Postby admin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:28 am

As well as all the fantastic locations pointed out by TravelerNicky, we stumbled across a lovely little place near Bundaberg (famous for its Rum) We stayed at www.turtlesands.com.au which is right on the beach. Between November and February, Loggerhead, Flatback, Green and Leatherback turtles nest at Mon Repos which is right next door. A fantastic experience highly recommended.
admin

Return to Travelling Around Australia