over 31, is there anyway i can get a working holiday visa?

Everybody travelling to Australia will need a Visa. Find out which is the best Australia visa for your stay and what are the requirements.

over 31, is there anyway i can get a working holiday visa?

Postby Aurura » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:04 pm

I've never had a working holiday visa to Australia however i recently turned 33 and i really fancy taking some time out and doing some travelling. Is there any way i can get a working holiday visa, as i would like to travel around Australia for more than three months.
Aurura

Postby admin » Thu May 12, 2005 8:02 am

Once you have turned 31 it becomes alot more difficult to work in Australia. You can go on a long stay tourist visa which will give you a stay in Australia of up to 6 months. You will not be able to work on this visa! You will need an application form ( form 48 ), it usually costs around £50, requires you to send your passport off to the Australia High Commision in London and is usually issued in about 2-3 weeks.
admin

Postby Aurura » Thu May 12, 2005 9:08 am

I would really like to find some work in Australia though!
Aurura

Postby admin » Thu May 12, 2005 9:18 am

I think the best thing to try and do then, assuming that you do not have any family members in Australia, is to try and look for a company to sponsor you. This is easier for certain occupations than others. I think that the best place to start is online. Look to find companies in your profession and perhaps send them an email just questioning whether they employ overseas staff and what you would need to do to be considered.
admin

Postby lholmes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:57 pm

Hi Aurura

You may also qualify for a skilled visa, which is a longer and more complex visa. It will however allow you to stay out in Aus on a more permanent basis so it depends how badly you want to head to Australia.

Company sponsorship on a 457 visa is also a good alternative, it just means you are bound to that company and without their sponsorship you will lose your right to live and work in Aus.

cheers and good luck!
lholmes

Postby jim123 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:29 am

Yes,you may also qualify for a skilled visa, however it is more complex one but i must say it is better one and i think you will be quite benifited with that......
jim123

Postby hibster » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:03 pm

I'm already 30, and i need to know the following

can i apply for the visa now and use it when i turn 31?
if i apply now and go before i'm 30, do i have to of left Aus by the time i reach 31.
Can i apply now, go in the next year and stay there for a year.

I suppose what in need to knwo is do i have to of applied for, landed or left Aus to be able to use the 1 year working holiday visa?

I hope someone can help me.

Rgds

Hibster
hibster

Postby admin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi Hibster,

Your working holiday will work exactly the same as everyone else as long as you apply before your 31st birthday.

So in answer to your question yes you can use it when you turn 31. You can apply right up to your 31st Birthday once granted you have 12 months to enter. Once you arrive you have a stay of 12 months.

Hope this helps
admin

Postby hibster » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:17 pm

Yes it does thanks, applied for, received and i'm off.

thanks for all the help!
hibster

Postby VISAHLP » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:45 pm

hello,
If you are over 30 years of age you are unfortunately over the age limit for application for a Working Holiday Visa.
VISAHLP

Postby BlackEyes » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:48 am

I don't think you can apply for a working holiday visa if you are already over 31..You can just get a visitor visa if you want to go to Australia..
BlackEyes

Return to Australian Travel Visas